Emergency Dentistry – Cumberland, RI
Call Us for Urgent Dental Care
Are you or your child experiencing a lot of oral pain because of a broken/knocked-out tooth or a severe toothache? If so, then know that the team at Diamond Hill Dental is here and ready to help. Just give us a call, and we’ll work to see you as quickly as possible so we can relieve your pain and get you back to your normal life. We can give you first-aid tips over the phone and even schedule a same-day appointment to provide immediate care.
Why Choose Diamond Hill Dental for Emergency Dentistry?
- Same-day appointments available for emergency patients
- Team of 3 highly trained & experienced dentists
- Digital technology leads to faster & more precise care
Dental Accidents & Facial Trauma
Whether due to a sports-related injury, motor vehicle accident, or just a clumsy fall at home, we see people all the time who have fractured or completely knocked out their teeth. We can often help patients recover their teeth in these situations, but they need to take the following steps:
- Call Diamond Hill Dental immediately.
- Try to recover as much of the tooth as you can.
- Rinse the tooth of any debris, but do NOT dry or wipe it off.
- Try to place the tooth back into its original socket and hold it there until you can reach us.
- If this isn’t possible, place the tooth in a container of milk or saltwater. The tooth must remain wet to keep it viable!
Dental Emergencies Due to Oral Care Neglect
Toothaches are sometimes easy to ignore, but if left untreated, they can easily turn into an urgent problem. If you have a hurting tooth that needs attention right away, be sure to:
- Try rinsing and gently flossing around the tooth to dislodge any debris (like a stray piece of food) that may be stuck and causing the pain.
- If this doesn’t help, give our office a call right away.
- Until you can see us, a cold compress held on the face and OTC medication can help lessen any discomfort.
Unparalleled Experience & Qualifications
At Diamond Hill Dental, we are extremely fortunate to have a team of three dentists who each have several years of experience. Dr. Abernethy, Dr. Gabriel, and Dr. Gattereau have helped patients through pretty much every emergency situation you can imagine, so whatever your problem might be, you can trust that they’ve handled it countless times before. They’ll also use the latest dental technology to figure out the problem and determine the right treatment as quickly as possible, helping you get the relief you need fast.
Root Canal Therapy
In most cases, if a tooth is experiencing a lot of pain or excessive sensitivity, it’s because the inner layer of the tooth (called the dental pulp) has become infected. This is where the delicate nerve of a tooth is located, so as you can imagine, a problem here can cause quite a bit of discomfort!
To save teeth with this kind of damage and stop the pain, our dentists can use root canal therapy. They’ll simply remove the diseased pulp, clean the tooth, fill it with a material to stabilize it, and then rebuild the enamel with a restoration. Despite having a bad reputation, most patients report feeling little to no discomfort during and after this procedure!
While our primary goal is to help our patients keep their natural teeth for as long as possible, there are certain situations where removing one is the best solution, such as:
- If a tooth is so decayed it cannot be repaired with a filling or crown
- If a tooth has experienced trauma and can’t be put back together
- If severe periodontal disease has damaged the bone needed to support a tooth
Whatever your specific circumstances may be, we always use plenty of local anesthetic to ensure that our extractions are virtually painless. Most patients don’t even feel it when their tooth actually comes out!